Okay, 12 forecasts in, 8 to go. Some speculative explanations as to the non-responses:
· Perez. Lives in Rhode Island now, where they haven’t yet committed to that new-fangled internet thing so news arrives a week after the rest of the country, including Alaska.
· Behrens. Still in the Upper Hebrides or some such; given his interest in writing yet another exam essay for me, not entirely sure he understands the question.
· Brunett. Craftily waiting to see how the field wagers, then going lower. Well played, maestro!
· Thompson. Even though he didn’t attend ND, has been to more 5 year reunions than half the class. Presently too busy trying to wrap his mind around rumored ND plans to schedule Temple.
· Ryan. After witnessing LeBron’s successful PR effort, rumored to be hard at work on an empathy-based “It’s all about the (hedge fund managers’) children” campaign for Carmelo Anthony.
· Gordon. Lives in Texas, too busy working on state Secession Planning, version 42.
· Flaherty. Über-competitive, still working his behind-the-scenes contacts for that extra ‘edge’.
· Sully. Rumored to be up in Green Bay – Utopian parallel universe where reentry in so-called Real World takes some time.
And even on paper, it’s uncomfortable being bracketed with two Dillon-ites.